Liberty Reserve Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
4. Information Collection and UseThis section describes the information you provide to us, the information we collect from you when you navigate through our website, and the way we use such information.
This personal identifiable information is not supplemented with information from other sources. However, in some cases, the information provided by the users on www.libertyreserve.com might be subject to internal verification processes for security and compliance reasons. Under these processes, we may request users to submit documents to verify some of the information provided on our website.
Said personal identifiable information is used by Liberty Reserve only to provide the electronic transfer service and fill customer’s orders. Then, when such orders are taken out, users are notified based on the personally identifiable information provided by them. This information is also used to tailor the website to the person to whom the information pertains; to send customers strictly administrative messages in the event a problem with their account arises, and to provide customer-service in response to their inquiries.
All personally identifiable information provided by users is retained for no longer than it is necessary (i) to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and (ii) comply with internationally accepted laws and regulations. Under said laws and regulations we must keep such information from the moment users open an account to 5 years after they close it.
4.2. Cookies InformationA cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your browser, but in some cases, that may impact your ability to use Liberty Reserve´s website.
Session cookies collected are used to ensure that you are recognized when you move from page to page within Liberty Reserve´s website and that any information you have entered is remembered during your session. Persistent cookies collected are used to remember you on subsequent visits, speeding up your experience throughout the website. We do not tie cookies to personal information about the user.
We use another company to place cookies on your computer to collect non-personally identifiable information to compile aggregated statistics for us about visitors to our site.
4.3. Log Files InformationAs most standard website servers, libertyreserve.com uses log files. These Log Files store information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and transaction history.
The information stored in Log Files is used to examine traffic patterns within our website, analyze trends, administer the website and track user’s movement in the aggregate.
4.4. Usage of InformationLiberty Reserve is the sole owner of both the information provided by the users during the registration process and the one collected through cookies and file logs.
4.6. ProfileLiberty Reserve does not collect or store information from third parties to create a profile of our users.
4.7. Children's PrivacyLiberty Reserve does not knowingly collect information from children under 18. We encourage parents and guardians to check their children’s activities online and to teach them to never give out personal information.
5. Communications from our Website
5.1. AdvertisingOut of respect for our users we neither send promotional/marketing materials nor serve ads on our website. No information about users or their behavior in libertyreserve.com is developed or maintained by third-party advertisers.
5.3. Customer ServiceWe communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested customer-services and solve issues related to their accounts. These communications are usually made via email or through the live chat service provided in our website.
5.4. BlogOur Website offers a publicly accessible blog. Said blog is used as an additional communication channel where we post announcements that may be of interest for our users. Although we do not allow our users to reply those posts, from time to time we may use our blog to place surveys and collect non-personally identifiable information from those willing to help us improve our service. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
6. Legal DisclaimerThough we make every effort to preserve user´s privacy, we may need to disclose all the personal identifiable information we have collected from our users when required by law, to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process.
7. ChoiceUsers have the opportunity to share personally identifiable information placed in www.libertyreserve.com with other users of our service. For example, when making a transaction, users may share their name, address, and email address with the receiver of their transactions. By visiting the Public Information Summary Page of their accounts, users are able to choose which personally identifiable information they wish to share. However, minimum information such as their Liberty Reserve account name, type of account, account number, and creation date shall always be shared.
8. AccessUsers are able to correct material inaccuracies in their personally identifiable information at any time. To make those corrections user can visit the Personal Information page placed within their Liberty Reserve Account. However, users shall consider that both dates of birth and email addresses are subject to special procedures.
This information cannot be changed by users themselves. For security reasons, users willing to update their email addresses shall send a request through the contact us form provided in our site. Then, a support agent will request users to provide us with the following: date of birth, current e-mail address and the new e-mail address. Dates of birth, in turn, cannot be changed for compliance reasons. They can be corrected though, but only if the user remembers the date entered when filling the registration form and requests the correction through the contact us form provided in our site. Otherwise, users will be required to open a new account and use a correct date of birth as stated in the FAQ Section of our website.
9. SecurityOur website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When our website asks users to enter sensitive information using forms, it is encrypted for their protection. Aside from using SSL encryption, our website is analyzed and certified every day by McAfee SECURE, which means our site is free from viruses, malwares and other online threats.
We also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the personally identifiable above mentioned, is encrypted and restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job, for example, account managers or service representatives, are granted access to users´ information. They are also notified any time new policies are added or modified to ensure our users’ information is protected. In addition, all the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility.
11. LinksThis website may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of these (and all) websites because this privacy statement applies solely to information collected by www.libertyreserve.com as previously stated.
12. Defined termsIn this policy:
- "We", "us" "our" or "Liberty Reserve" means Liberty Reserve website, corporation, support unit and management.
- "you" means you, the person using our services, or visiting our website.
- "Service" means the electronic money service that allows user to send and receive payments online.
- “Website”, or “site” means www.libertyreserve.com.
- 1. Privacy Statement
- 2. Scope
- 3. Contact Information
- 4. Information Collection and Use
- 5. Communications from our Website
- 6. Legal Disclaimer
- 7. Choice
- 8. Access
- 9. Security
- 10. Notification of Changes
- 11. Links
- 12. Defined Terms